Many people are familiar with IKEA Furniture and similar “assembly required” home furnishing but, not everyone has heard of the RTA Kitchen and Bath Cabinetry. RTA Cabinets have been gaining popularity over the last few years mainly because they offer the three product attributes that today’s savvy consumer is looking for….price, quality and service.
- Good: Prices of the rta cabinets are typically less than half of comparable domestic manufactured cabinets.
- Good: Quality can be considered at the upper end of the scale with standards like plywood boxes (no particle board), solid wood face and door frames, premium finishes.
- Good: You can expect short lead times when using rta cabinets. Rather than waiting for a local manufacturer to schedule your particular box configurations into their production schedules, the normal rta distributor will simply pull your pre-fabricated cabinets from the warehouse inventory and send the entire set directly to you via a LTL truck line so you can have cabinets in just a few days.
- Good: Recent changes in the U.S. Import and Environmental Laws require thorough inspection and certification of the RTA Cabinets to insure safe and environmentally friendly products.
- Bad: The most obvious draw back of the rta cabinets is that they require assembly. For maximum savings, most of our clients opt to assemble the cabinets themselves although most professional installers are glad to assemble. On average, it takes a screw driver and 10 to 15 minutes to assemble each cabinet.
- Bad: Because rta cabinets are produced overseas and only warehoused locally, you may find limited offerings or restricted design-ability. Not every possible size, door profile or color will be available. Custom sizes or extra functionality will require quite a bit of carpentry work from the end user.
- Ugly: The ugly part is that the domestic manufacturers are having trouble competing with these high quality but cheap cabinets. Many of the large manufacturers now buy components from the overseas fabricators but most of the custom cabinet makers are finding it increasingly difficult to keep up with this industry changing trend.
Overall, the rta cabinets are a growing trend simply because they give the kitchen remodel professional and the kitchen cabinet replacement DIYer a great deal. More cabinet for less money. Drastically cheaper, higher quality and much quicker than the home stores or your local cabinet shops. So if you’re looking for that dream kitchen, you should do yourself a favor and check out the RTA Cabinets.